2021-04-14 Here are the ten most interesting and enlightening stats you need to know from the Acronis Cyber Protection Week 2021 EMEA Deepdive report:
Stats pertaining to IT professionals
- The top three cyberthreat concerns for IT professionals in EMEA are:
- Data theft
- Phishing attacks
- The 2021 IT priorities for the region include:
- Enhanced data privacy and compliance
- Modernised cybersecurity stacks
- Improved support for remote-work environments
- One in five organisations are running more than 10 different cybersecurity and data protection solutions and agents simultaneously. Further, 43% run between six and 10.
- Despite this multitude of capabilities, half of the organisations surveyed still suffered data loss and downtime last year.
Stats pertaining to personal IT users
- The top three cyber protection concerns for IT users are:
- Data theft
- Almost nine out of 10 personal IT users don’t follow backup best practices such as the 3-2-1 rule, and nearly three out of four have had to recover from unoptimised backups.
- 32% of personal IT users don’t install security patches on the day they are released.
- A massive seven out of 10 IT users don’t use anti-malware services or anti-malware that includes zero-day attack protection.
- 66% of users don’t know if their data has been accessed or modified without their permission.
- Unsurprisingly, more than eight out of 10 people are using their IT devices more this year, with 10% admitting to using them twice as much.
Bonus number 11 from the global report: The FBI has reported a 400% increase in cyberattacks since the start of the pandemic, and 31% of organisations are attacked by cybercriminals at least once a day.
For the EMEA report, Acronis surveyed IT professionals and users in South Africa, Belgium, Bulgaria, France, Germany, Italy, Saudi Arabia, Spain, Switzerland, Netherlands, Sweden, UK, United Arab Emirates. For the full deepdive and the global report visit the Acronis website.
Written for publication on the Synapsys website on 14 April 2021